Books and Beard Review is the ultimate destination for Indian Book Review, Author Interviews and Book Recommendations. In this blog you will find book reviews of any book you want. It is a book recommendation blog that tells you about best Indian books to read and provides interview of famous Indian authors and Books Reviews of Indian authors. We also have an Indian book review YouTube channel named - Books and Beard Review.

Book Review: My First Flight by Khushbu Kirti (Poetry Collection)

Title- My First Flight

Author- Khushbu Kirti

Genre- Poetry

Year- 2018

Pages- 80

Rating- 4/5 stars

"There has to be light one day.
Searching for that ray of hope,
She decided that she would make it,
There was absolutely no time to fake it.
She knew she would continue to try,
For she was now adamant to fly."
  
                                               My first Flight

My First Flight, a beautiful compilation of 44 poems by poetess Khushbu Kirti is a breath of fresh air. After a very long time I have read and truly enjoyed a poetry collection. The poems are well-written, encouraging and vibrant with myriad colours of human emotions. Each of the poems possesses an unique flow and rhythm of their own with the spontaneity of thought provides an amazing reading experience. 

Through the simple but meaning lines the poetess has tried to explore her personal life, the natural world and the society. As a debut book I have absolutely loved it.

The poems "My first flight", "The Phoenix Hope", "It's Gonna be Fine", "Rebound" and "Never Give Up" are motivational in nature. I absolutely loved the poems "My Foot", "India of my Dream" and "What Freedom Means to Me".

The poem "Ode to a Soldier" and "Maa" are dedicated to the Poetess' mother and the lines  have truly touched my heart.

I strongly recommend this book to all the poetry lovers. This is a book I would love to gift to my loved ones.

Overall, It was an amazing experince. I give this book 4 stars for the magical lines infused with a plethora of meanings and emotions.

Happy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any doubts, let me know

Subscribe

About

A freelance blogger and Bookstagrammer,Animesh Das is a Gold Medalist alumnus of Guru Ghasidas Central University, Chhattisgarh. A large number of his Research articles, poems, book-reviews and short-stories have been published in various national and International Journals, Magazines and Anthologies. He has a penchant for music, photography and recitation. You can catch him on Instagram @booksandbeard

Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *