Books and Beard Review is the ultimate destination for Indian Book Review, Author Interviews and Book Recommendations. In this blog you will find book reviews of any book you want. It is a book recommendation blog that tells you about best Indian books to read and provides interview of famous Indian authors and Books Reviews of Indian authors. We also have an Indian book review YouTube channel named - Books and Beard Review.

Author Interview: Saurabh Singh (Author of Feeling Blue!)

Author Interview: Saurabh Singh

Interviewer : Animesh Das

A corporate professional cum author Saurabh Singh’s debut novel ‘Feeling Blue' is a tribute to all the unsuccessful love stories. The book received much admiration from the readers upon its release in last year by Blue Rose Publishers. He loves to travel and shares a deep predilection for music and sports. You can catch him on instagram @authorsaurabhsingh.

A.D- Your debut novel has received such a huge response from the readers, what’s the secret?

S.S- Since it is a secret I should not be revealing it 
On a serious note, when I was writing 'Feeling Blue!' I had no idea what skills are required to an author but all the while I was thinking like a reader and was only seeing if the story is touching the reader or not, will the reader be able to visualize the characters drawing a parallel to real life in and around. May be that’s why it is receiving the love.

A.D-When did it dawn upon you that you have a passion for story-telling?

S.S- There was not a specific moment when I realized that I can present a story to the world. I guess it was always in me, when I was a kid and if I would do any mistake, I would create a big story around the main incidence so that the intensity of the mistake gets subdued in the story. Guess, the skills got honed from there only.

A.D- What was the most surprising thing you learned in creating your work?

S.S- Since I was new in writing, I had no pressure and writing process was smooth but only once my manuscript was ready I realized what all it takes for a story to become a book and to reach to readers.

A.D- Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors?

S.S- I am not an avid reader also my work schedule does not give me enough time to read but few works which really hit on me are ‘I too had a love story’ of Ravinder Singh and I am currently reading ‘The subtle art of not giving a F*ck’ by Mark Manson.

A.D- You have visited a number of places over the years and observed many different cultures. What is the most important thing have you learned from them?

S.S- Yes that’s true I travel a lot for my work and have covered the length  and breadth of this beautiful country and the best part is its not only the cities but I have seen rural India as well. The best thing that I have learnt is the humility that is there in the villages and how much it is necessary to be connected to your roots.
Another very important thing that I would like to mention is that I certainly learnt that there are many people around who are happier in life despite not having those fancy luxuries and hence how much important it is to be contented.

A.D-Are you planning to try genres other than romance in future?

S.S- I am not sure Feeling Blue! is a true fit to romance genre. It has in its own subtle way highlighted certain other aspects which are a bit away from romance. Having said that I am certainly going to write something else as well but my intention would always be to touch if not all atleast few people who would read my work.

A.D- It is often believed that almost all writers have had their hearts broken at some point in time; does that remain true for you as well?

S.S- No gain without pain (haha)
See there are always phases in life and one should experience every feeling. Although I would say ‘Heartbreak’ is a too big a feeling for what one encounters these days. It is all a phase of life which comes for experiences and all experiences are beautiful, hence no complains, no regrets.

A.D- Are you working on something new at the moment?

S.S- Yes! I have got a plot which really excited me and am trying to build a story around it.

A.D- Thank you for your time and best wishes for all your future endeavors.

S.S- Thank you very much for bearing with me. I get too occupied with my work that I fail to do justice to my book and my connect with people. Hopefully through this interview I would get a better connect with my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any doubts, let me know

Subscribe

About

A freelance blogger and Bookstagrammer,Animesh Das is a Gold Medalist alumnus of Guru Ghasidas Central University, Chhattisgarh. A large number of his Research articles, poems, book-reviews and short-stories have been published in various national and International Journals, Magazines and Anthologies. He has a penchant for music, photography and recitation. You can catch him on Instagram @booksandbeard

Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *