Books and Beard Review is the ultimate destination for Indian Book Review, Author Interviews and Book Recommendations. In this blog you will find book reviews of any book you want. It is a book recommendation blog that tells you about best Indian books to read and provides interview of famous Indian authors and Books Reviews of Indian authors. We also have an Indian book review YouTube channel named - Books and Beard Review.

Comics Review: Cheater Code by S.A Foxe


Title: Cheater Code
Written by: S.A Foxe
Genre: Erotica
Publisher: Oni Press
Format: ebook
Year: 2020
Rating: 3.7/5 stars


So I have just finished S.A Foxe's Cheater Code and the first thing that I would say about this book is that it was an interesting read. Foxe have tried to present a gay romance story in a bit differently. Though I have read works with homosexual protagonist but this is the first time, I tried a gay romance comics. I loved the concept of the book very much. It is amazing to witness how the author has tried to infuse the two worlds. Unfortunately I can't reveal much but one thing I can assure you- it is a good one time read.

The story centers around Seth and Kennedy who are in a romantic relationship for more than six years. One day Kennedy discovers that Seth is actually cheating on him with another man. Kennedy finds it very insulting and it infuriates to such an extent that they had a slight altercation. As a result, they broke up and Seth decides to leave the house where they were living together.

Now cheated and alone, Kennedy too decides to move on, but then something happens for which he was not prepared. Thunder roars and it changes his life forever.

Now to know what happened next you have to purchase the copy. You can pre-order it right now.

My Take: I loved the way the author has presented the story. The incidents follows a proper sequence and the story runs in medium pace. Besides, I also liked the illustrations very much. But, as far as the storyline is concerned, I was hoping for a more complex story. I think there is much scope for experimentation with the storyline on the part of the author. If the author can make it a bit more complex and compact, the work will be attain perfection. Also, It feels like the story is following a particular pattern which makes the reading experience a bit boring. Other than that If I talk about the illustration, it is superb! and the overall presentation is also quite amazing.

Overall, it was a fascinating read. I give this work 3.7 stars and recommend it to all.

I am thankful to Oni press and Netgalley for providing me with the eARC.

Happy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any doubts, let me know

Subscribe

About

A freelance blogger and Bookstagrammer,Animesh Das is a Gold Medalist alumnus of Guru Ghasidas Central University, Chhattisgarh. A large number of his Research articles, poems, book-reviews and short-stories have been published in various national and International Journals, Magazines and Anthologies. He has a penchant for music, photography and recitation. You can catch him on Instagram @booksandbeard

Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *